Recipes > Louisiana Treasures
2 green onions
1 tub Cream Cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 small red pepper
1 tablespoon mustard
- Finely chop onions and pepper.
- Combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve with crackers.
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
4 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopper peppers
- Toss 4 teaspoons flour with grated cheese. Sprinkle mixture into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- Combine eggs, milk, and mustard.
- Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and ham.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour.
6 large eggs, plus 2 yolks
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Combine eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a heavy 3- or 4-quart pan, whisking until well-combined. Continue whisking while pouring milk in a slow, steady stream. Place pan on low burner and stir occasionally until mixture reaches 160 degrees F., approximately 45 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Add vanilla extract and nutmeg, stirring to combine. Pour into a glass pitcher and cover with a lid. Chill at least 4 hours or up to 3 days before finishing.
- When ready to serve, pour heavy cream into a bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into cold custard mixture.
- Serve eggnog in chilled cups or glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
12 ounces dry noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup grated cheese for topping
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and olive oil. Cook for 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook until soft and dark. Stir in the garlic, seasoning, salt, and chicken broth. Increase the heat to medium, and cook stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in the sour cream until smooth. Stir in cornstarch, and simmer for a minute to thicken. Stir in pasta, or spoon sauce over pasta. Serve, and top with grated cheese.